Un Essay Writing Competition
World Youth Essay Competition 2018 – Win cash prizes and a trip to Germany!
Deadline: March 31, 2018
The World Youth Essay Competition is an international essay competition for high school and university students. There is no topic restriction and participants are free to write about topics such as aspects of society, environmental issues, science and technology, global affairs, and more.
The overall best submission receives the WYEC Grand Prize 2018 of 1700 USD. The exceptional student that receives the WYEC Grand Prize will be invited to Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered! In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals. All flight and accommodation expenses will be covered!
The WYEC 2018 gives you the unique opportunity to write about a subject that interests, motivates and inspires you the most! There is no topic restriction and you are free to write about topics such as:
- aspects of society
- environmental issues
- science and technology
- global affairs
- and more
Prizes and Awards
The jury receives many outstanding submissions from all around the world. The WYEC awards honor a variety of excellent essays from exceptional youths and students.
- WYEC Grand Prize 2018: The overall best submission receives the WYEC Grand Prize 2018 of 1700 USD. The exceptional student that receives the WYEC Grand Prize will be invited to Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered! In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals.
- WYEC 2. Prize and 3. Prize: The second and third best submissions receive the WYEC 2. prize and 3. prize of 2018. The award honors your extraordinary writing style and your creative mind. The 2. Prize and 3. Prize Winners will also be featured in one of the world’s most notable youth journals: You will be interviewed by journalists towards your motivation to inspire other youths around the world!
- 10x Award of Excellence:The jury selects ten submissions for exceptional creativity, knowledge or language skills. You will receive the WYEC Award of Excellence to obtain encouragement and honor for your future achievements and professional career.
- All Finalists: All finalists will receive a special WYEC finalists certificate with honorable jury notes.
- All Participants: All participants will receive a WYEC 2018 participation certificate.
- All high school and university students can participate in the WYEC 2018 international essay competition.
- The WYEC 2018 is open to students from all countries! However, you have to be between 12 and 26 years old to participate.
- Because WYEC 2018 wants to encourage students from certain countries, the jury gives special attention to submission from these countries: Nepal, India, Germany, Thailand, Gambia, Philippines, Kenya, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Liberia, Zambia, Indonesia, Morocco, France, Brazil. If you are from one of these countries, you have a great chance to become a finalist and we highly encourage you to participate in WYEC 2018!
- The essay has to be between one to eight pages in the English language.
- The essay has to be in the English language.
- You can also use pictures and graphics in your essay to visualize your words.
- Please submit your essay as PDF file (preferred).
The WYEC 2018 jury judges each essay individually based on various criteria which may include creativity, writing style, knowledge skills and more. The WYEC 2018 Finalists will answer three short questions towards personality and achievements: The jury selects the winners based on your essay and your personality!
WYEC 2018 | Submit Your Essay
For more information, visit World Youth Essay Competition.
World Youth Alliance wishes to congratulate the winners for this year’s Youth Voices at the United Nations Essay Writing Competition namely:
- Margaux Inocando, Philippines
- Modestus Mwachindalo, Zambia
- Ines Lobo, Spain
Winners of the Youth Voices program were selected through an essay writing competition that covers themes discussed in actual United Nations Commissions. Winners will receive an invitation to attend the UN Commission on Population and Development (CPD) together with the WYA team, training at the WYA Headquarters prior to attending the UN Commission, free lodging in New York City for the duration of the program and a certificate of completion of the Youth Voices Program.
The Youth Voices at the UN is a global training program run by the WYA. The program provides an opportunity for our youth members to attend events at the United Nations in New York. Participants benefit from informational training at WYA that teaches them how to articulate the core concepts of human dignity protection at the UN. Participants learn how to interact with delegates, and most effectively represent themselves, their countries and the mission of WYA.
WYA would like to thank all members who submitted to this year’s competition. Details about the 2017 program competition will be posted mid-year. To learn more about this year’s essay theme and testimonials from previous winners, you may click here.