Marriage Research Papers
Tip: This section should include your thesis sentence and will determine if you are for or against gay marriage.
Seed - Starting Sentence Option 1: Gay marriage is a [controversial/polarizing/contentious] topic that has been in the news [quite frequently/very often/a lot] lately. Gay marriage [is/is not] a threat to heterosexual marriages and I [feel/believe] that [state your belief here].
Seed - Starting Sentence Option 2: [Unfortunately/Fortunately], gay marriage is being legalized in some areas. While it’s a [controversial/difficult/questionable] decision, the ruling is one that some, including myself, are [happy/upset] about. Gay marriage is [state your belief].
- Banning gay marriage is discrimination and classification of human beings based on value.
- According to the 14th Amendment in the US Constitution, all people are to be considered equal, which would also apply to marriage.
- Traditionally, marriage is between a man and a woman and this should not be changed.
- Marriage is meant to be for procreation. As gay couples cannot physically reproduce, they have no reason to marry.
The Vatican’s Views on Homosexual Marriages
Marriage Equality Facts
Family Research Council
Writing A Sociology Research Paper On Marriage: 10 Helpful Hints
Research paper has always been an important part of our education life. Your credibility on the future will be judged by the knowledge you have acquired on your respective subjects and the way you have handled the paper will show its effectiveness. One must not do any kind of hurry in choosing a topic or while writing the paper as it might cost him/her a lot in the future if he/she is not serious about it now.
Sociology is an interesting subject which deals with the day to day social activities of our life. It might range from marriage to sex, from child abuse to terrorism etc. But everything is related with the repercussion it has on the society. One must be quite selective about choosing the topic of sociology paper as it can get quite complex and you might end up in lack of materials and might have to ditch your project.
How to write a research paper on marriage:
- Choosing a topic has always been an interesting part of a research paper analysis. But here you have already been provided with a topic of “marriage”. So you might have to go for many cultural and social aspects of marriage and its boons and ill effects on the society.
- After selecting the specific topic go to your mentor to ask for some suggestions on the topic.
- Write a good thesis statement which briefly describes all the things that you ar going to discuss in your paper.
- Arrange all the facts and data that you have collected on the subject and note it down in a place. You will need it later as while writing a huge research paper people often tend to forget much important information. It would cost him a lot as every part of information is necessary to enrich the quality of the paper.
- Check all the authenticity of the fact twice so that there is no mistake regarding those.
- The outline of the entire work should be pre-sketched and the author should work accordingly.
- Working according to the schedule helps to come up with the work within stipulated time.
- Never leave any piece of work undone or to be completed later. This will create chaos.
- After completing the first draft one should recheck and match all the important facts and data one after another.
- Once you have done with the rough draft, go on with your final draft.
Some topics on marriage papers:
- Which one is more compatible; arrange marriage or love marriage?
- Should gay marriage be legalised in India?
- Marriage does not mean that wife is a property of the husband-explain.